Club Night July 2022
11 July 2022
The Quarintine Island trip could hardly be classified as a tramping trip but 19 members along with some partners took the oportunity to visit this Otago Harbour Island.
9 members walked the cliff tops and beach from Andersons Lagoon to the Shag River Mouth. Some excellent views of the local wildlife, sometimes in action, were had.
The Wednesday Walkers walked the Timaru inland walkway from Saltwater Creek, did a circuit from Windsor up Peaks Road returning via the A2O bike track, a Ngapara Farm walk, and the Seacliff- Split Rock circuit.
1. Nimrod Reserve, going up the zig zag track, before returning and doing the loop track.
2. Cass Valley weekend on the west side of Lake Tekapo.
3. An A2O bike ride from Oamaru.
4. Snow shoeing and cross country skiing at the Pisa Range snow farm.
5. A September event reminder of a snow skills weekend at Awakino.
Please look at “What’s On” for more information and booking cutoff dates.
Members enjoyed a quiz on tramping topics organized by Bess, which included identifying bird song, recognizing huts, lakes and map points. A correct answer was rewarded with a chocolate fish and no yellow cards were issued!